Getting Care

Appointments & Referrals

To make an appointment, log in to the TOL Secure Web Portal​.

Read the TOL Appointment Center Brochure for more information.

For any care that your primary care manager does not provide, such as urgent, preventive, mental health, and specialty care, you will need a referral. Find out more about how to obtain the necessary referral and authorization.

Access to care

If you need to get care at Misawa Air Base, the priorities for getting appointments are identified in Department of Defense policy and are listed below:

  • Active duty service members
  • Active duty family members enrolled in TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Young Adult – Prime Option

All others can get care if space is available after Misawa Air Base has met the health care needs of the three categories listed above within DOD access standards. This includes:

  • Active duty family members enrolled in TRICARE Select or TRICARE Young Adult – Select Option
  • Retired service members and their eligible family members
  • DOD civilians and contractors  
All patients, including those listed for space-available care, can continue to fill prescriptions at our pharmacy.

How do I find a civilian provider in Japan?

The overseas contractor, International SOS, has established a network of qualified providers in all overseas areas for TRICARE beneficiaries. To find an overseas provider, search the Overseas Provider Directory. If you're not a TRICARE beneficiary, please contact your medical insurance provider for assistance.

Are you a DOD Civilian or Contractor?

If you’re a DOD civilian employee or contractor stationed in Japan, you should contact your medical insurance provider for help in finding health care options.

Contact Us

Hours: Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Telephone: 0176-77-6111, DSN 226-6111

Need to Update Your Information in DEERS? Click Here